As the weather gets nicer, many groups and businesses hold food drives during this time of the year! It's always a good time to support NK Fishline, but during the spring -- it's especially fun to get out, enjoy the sunshine, and do some good in the community.
If you plan to hold a food drive, let us know!! We would love to add you to our events and food drive calendar and help promote your event on our Facebook page.
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions:
What items are most needed by Fishline?
Canned goods, boxed meals, peanut butter, spaghetti sauce are all popular and needed provisions for our clients. Click here to visit our Facebook page and see a list of our most needed items.
But we also accept fresh fruits and vegetables, so if you have an abundance of zucchini or apples from your garden, bring them to us - we’d love to offer them to our clients.
If you would like a bookmark-sized list you can hand out to neighbors in preparation for the food drive, email email@example.com and we’ll send it to you.
What items cannot be accepted by Fishline?
We are not allowed to accept anything that has been opened. As well, we cannot take home-made items. But if food items are recently expired, we still may be able to accept and distribute them depending on the type of food, so go ahead and include them and we’ll dispose of them if they can’t be used.
Should we let Fishline know of the drive before it happens?
This is not a requirement, but YES, it would be awesome to know! We are always glad to know of these events in advance, because we want to collaborate with you in assuring its success.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Assist you in planning based on our experience over the years
- Provide printed materials for your use, including our logo, banners and signs
- Advertise your event on our web site, social media, and events calendar
- Provide barrels for your use
- Arrange pickup of the food if you can’t deliver it.
Here are a few examples:
- Hold a drive to collect items needed for our Food for Thought program (click here for shopping list of Food for Thought items)
- Pet food/treats drive
- Packs of individually wrapped items that can be distributed to homeless clients.
- Toiletries and other essentials needed for families living in shelters.