Friday, February 8, 2013

"From Biopsy to Bell" -- A Heartfelt Letter from Camille Meyers


From Biopsy to Bell

My journey started the last week of September, 2012.  My wonderful Fishline family celebrated its annual  thank you dinner for the volunteers.  I asked if I could share a presentation of the 31 years I was blessed to give to Fishline Food Bank and Thrift Shop.  Union Bank then put a wonderful display about Fishline and a write-up of my years at Fishline at the entrance of the Bank. 
This journey took a bump in the road for me.  The biopsy showed a cancerous tumor on the side of my tongue.  Wow!!  Why me!?!  The preparation, the treatments, radiation every day.  Chemo one day a week.  The loving dedication of the medical staff.  The not knowing if I'm willing, the learning processes of cancer.  I'm in the middle of my journey.

With my family, children, grandchildren and Fishline family beside me, Saturday night, January 26, 2013 at Kiana Lodge, I received a beautiful award as 2012 Volunteer of the Year from the Poulsbo Chamber of Commerce.


I'm waiting to ring that Bell at the end of my treatment, ringing the sound loud and clear - the bump in the journey is over. 


I cannot ever thank my family, friends and Fishline family for all the love and support they have shown me every day. 


With loving support to all of the people also taking their journey,
 
Camille Meyers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment